Facebook Timeline was just the start. Now Twitter is getting in on the act of personalising profiles.
I wonder what is next – the world of social media doesn’t stand still does it? Just as you get used to Facebook Timeline (which many Facebook users complain about I note – I am not one of them), Twitter goes and adds a new look to user’s profiles so I thought I would be nosy and check it out.
I liked the whole Twitter profile header idea on investigation and was soon having a play with a few ideas. I tried to keep the general look consistent with my existing marketing concept as this is always good practice and I found it was pretty simple to achieve a good result. If you want to have a play with your own Twitter profile header here’s how to do it.
- On log in to your Twitter account, click on the “gear” at the top right of the screen. When the drop down menu appears choose ‘Settings’.
- Look for ‘Design’ and click on it in the options presented to you.
- Scroll until you find Customise your own section and choose ‘Change header’.
- Next upload your chosen image, reposition and resize using the zoom function. (Image size 1252 x 626 minimum -maximum file size is 5MB)
- When you are happy with the result click ‘Save‘and its as easy as that.